Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Time Saving Beauty Tools


Ain't nobody got time for that. 

Is a phrase that, truth be told, grinds my gears. But it's one that captures the spirit of this post in no less than six words so let's go with it. Time saving beauty tools is the subject of the moment, because taking nail polish off just isn't as much fun as painting it on and washing makeup brushes is such a weekend chore. The less time spent on these activities, the better I think. Precious minutes can be redirected towards more important activities instead, like reading Buzzfeed articles and watching the newest episode of The Bachelor (don't judge)



BOURJOIS MAGIC NAIL POLISH REMOVER
Is actual magic. It's a strange and new sight to begin with for someone not well accustomed to this new type of nail polish remover. The pink tub houses a thick black sponge that is drenched in nail polish remover. There's a hole in the middle of the sponge where you're supposed to place your finger and swish it about, making sure it's rubbing against the sponge. It's like a magic show because when you take your finger out, ta-da, the nail polish is gone. The Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover removes nail polish in next to no time; it doesn't take the one second it claims but it is much faster than using normal nail polish remover (blah, practically stone age :P). Learn from me and don't go putting your nose next to the bottle hoping for a whiff of something pleasant, the strong chemical scent will make you whip your head back. The acetone-free product does leave your nails smelling quite fruity though. I feel like a tease because I picked up the Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover at a Boots in London, and unfortunately it doesn't have a presence in the Australian market yet. Fingers crossed it's released soon!


DAISO DETERGENT FOR PUFF AND SPONGE
Washing makeup brushes used to be such a chore for me because I'd literally have to wash each brush a couple of times over to make sure it was actually clean (the moral of the story here is to not purchase E.L.F. Studio Brush Shampoo). This all changed when I bought the Daiso Detergent for Puff and Sponge on a past trip back to Malaysia. Place the detergent and some warm water in a clean cup (in a ratio of about 1:10) and swirl your makeup brush in the solution, brushing it against the bottom of the cup. Almost instantly the bristles are unstained and your makeup brushes look brand new. I've read somewhere that the Daiso Detergent for Puff and Sponge shouldn't be used on natural-haired brushes, so reserve it for synthetic-haired brushes only! The sweetener here is the cheap price ($2.80 AUD) so if you have a Daiso around you, stop wasting your time around the sink and try it out. 


KOJI EYELASH CURLER IN '73'
I didn't realise how great it is to find an eyelash curler that fits the shape of your eye until I stopped using a cheapo E.L.F. one and turned to the Koji Eyelash Curler in '73' (Wide). With the E.L.F. eyelash curler I'd sometimes accidentally pinch my eyelid in the process and would have to squeeze the handles for a long time to get a satisfactory curl. The Koji Eyelash Curler (which can be purchased from Sasa) on the other hand gets the job done with very little hassle and time. The curvature of the eyelash curler fits the shape of my eye so much better that it captures all of my eyelashes and doesn't pinch my eyelids at all. So fuss-free. 

Do you have any time saving beauty tools? Share your wealth of knowledge. ;) 

MICHELLE

10 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, I'm so glad that you are back!
    Using a spritz of Batiste dry shampoo is great when your hair needs a wash but you chose to hit that snooze button just one more time!

    http://musthavethisspring.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a good one! A spritz of Batiste is a lifesaver sometimes. :)

      Delete
  2. glad to see you're posting again. Miss your posts.
    I have yet to try the Bourjois nail remover. It sounds like magic.I love using the Beauty Blender solid cleanser to clean my beauty sponge and brushes. So much better and effective in removing all the makeup residue. Save a lot of time in cleaning brushes for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try the Daiso detergent for puff and sponge too when that runs out, it really works amazingly! And it's meant for sponges so I'm sure it will work extra wonderfully on your Beauty Blender. x

      Delete
  3. Must try the nail polish remover! And I love the Daiso brush cleaner too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be so popular here. I hope it gets released in Australia soon. x

      Delete
  4. I was so excited when I finally tracked down the Daiso brush cleanser, though I've yet to try it. Will have to find a really old cup I no longer want first :p I did see the Bourjois nail polish remover when I was in the UK but it was surprisingly not as affordable as I was hoping so I passed. Still, you can't put a price on saving time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't stand that phrase anymore either.
    I'm fairly sure I spotted the Bourjois magic nail polish remover somewhere local but I can't remember where. I'm faithful to my Daiso brush cleanser for the same reason- nothing does the job quite as well! I was unaware of the dangers of using it on natural hairs though- I'll keep that in mind! I'm still using a Shiseido curler but I've wanted to try the Shu Uemura since they had a price drop! Still about double the cost of the Shiseido but the hype is irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am absolutely intrigued by the Daiso brush cleaner! Being a makeup artist, I obviously have to keep my brushes clean all the time and am always on the lookout for new brush cleaners! Definitely will have to pick up a few next time I've in Asia :)

    Thanks for the post doll :) So glad to have found a fellow Australian blogger :)

    x
    Phoebe
    www.eatliveloverepeat.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is really cool! I love that you're from Australia and using a lot of asian skin care products I can discover a lot of brands :) xo from Belgium

    ReplyDelete