Monday, 15 July 2013

Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+ Review: This One's For Oily Skin Too


Because of my oily-combination skin I used to steer clear of facial oils as if they emitted a noxious skunk-like gas. I swear, someone could set up an oil rig on my T-zone in the summer and no one would bat an eyelid - so why would I add to it? I thought it was counter-intuitive to apply oil to a surface that needed no help in naturally producing a greasy sheen. 

What I failed to realise for some time is that I also had dehydrated skin, especially come Winter months. Parts of my skin felt tight and rough but looked oily, thanks to my unstoppable sebaceous glands. I needed something that was nourishing, deeply moisturising, radiance boosting (and all other skincare related keywords) to be injected back into my lack-luster skin. 

And this is where Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+ ($29.99 AUD RRP for 30mL) steps in, making you feel okay about your last Macca's run with its certified organic and natural formulation. 



The oil is a saturated golden yellow colour with a non-overpowering light, wooden scent. It has that natural smell, ya know? And I'm not sure if there is much of a difference between picking up either this or the original Trilogy Rosehip Oil, I'm just a sucker for supposed extra benefits.

Every night after cleansing my face and before applying moisturiser, I pipette out a few drops of Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+ and massage it onto my face and neck. The bottle recommends 2 - 3 drops but I admittedly have too much fun with the dropper and add more few more each use. Because I'm heavy handed with the product some of it does sit on the skin, but if you're rubbing in the recommended amount it absorbs well. 

The results of using Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+ are both instantaneous and ongoing. The next morning I wake up with smooth and supple skin loving the extra hydration I've given it. I also swear there's been a reduction in acne scarring. Moral of the story: oily acne-prone girls, don't be afraid of facial oils!

Pictured alongside a generous full-size Trilogy Vital Moisturising Cream from completing a survey on the company's Facebook page

P.S. Apparently Google Reader is still up even after it was supposed to shut down? It's like Y2K all over again. I don't think my new blog posts are showing up in Google Reader anymore after I changed my URL (please correct me if I'm wrong) so my vote is still for Bloglovin'!

25 comments:

  1. Nice photos! I have the Sukin Rosehip Oil and I recently started using it again but I can't apply it directly onto the skin- I mix it into a dollop of Steamcream. How generous of Trilogy to do a promo like that! I've never looked at Trilogy before- maybe if I ever finish the Sukin, because that one smells awful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mixing it in with a moisturiser is a good idea, I might try it one time. :) It was very generous. I actually came across the Facebook promotion before I bought the rosehip oil, I think it had an influence on my decision. :P I'm really surprised at how lightly scented the Trilogy one is. Much less scented than the moisturiser I received. x

      Delete
  2. I love the style of your posts!
    I've also received my moisturiser from the Facebook promotion as well!
    Have you tried the original Rosehip oil from Trilogy? I've tried both and I'm not really sure how they differ in terms of efficacy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) And no I haven't tried the original one. I'm sure they'd be quite similar! Might try the original one though when I run out. x

      Delete
  3. I have the original rose hip oil and I really like it! Sadly though I forgot to close the top completely and knocked the bottle over into the sink, so I only have a tiny bit left :,( Ugh I'm such a klutz! I also got the moisturizing cream and it was so awesome that they gave out so many free products! 8D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happened with me and makeup remover, very annoying! :( Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised that they were giving away full-sized products and not sample sized ones! x

      Delete
  4. I love facial oils! They're really like a mini overnight facial :)

    Google Reader itself is dead, but the little blog reader under your Blogger Dashboard is still active ;) It's got a lot less features than proper Reader, but it's very handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I used to love the blog reader before I joined Bloglovin'! It's just that none of the new posts I write up after the URL change turn up in blog reader anymore, which is annoying. I'll see if I can somehow fix it. :) x

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love this Trilogy rosehip oil, definitely one of my essential skincare products! I love how it doesn't break you out and how moisturising it is :) I find putting it onto damp skin makes it easier to apply, and I like to put my moisturiser on top of it! I also got a free product from Trilogy too, how extremely generous of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extremely generous! I actually apply the moisturiser they gave on top of the rosehip oil. :) I'm always scared of trying new products in case they break me out, but it's worth it when it improves your skin just like this one. :) x

      Delete
  6. Reduction in scarring? Hell yes I must try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has worked great on me. Hope it works on you too! x

      Delete
  7. I love how rich the brown color looks, haha. I've never heard of putting rosehip oil on your face before, but then again I'm such a makeup noob, lol. This looks like such an awesome product! Do you know if it's available in the States?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think oils have just recently become popular, so don't worry. :P I'm not sure if this brand is available in the States, but rosehip oil should definitely be available! Even check your health food/lifestyle stores. Iherb.com also has various oils. :) x

      Delete
  8. I absolutely swear by rosehip oil. My boyfriend knows when I'm calling it a night when my face smells like "vegetation" haha. It is a distinctive smell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I find the Trilogy one quite light scented, especially compared to the last face oil I used which was definitely stronger and took me a while to get used to. x

      Delete
  9. I've been wanting to try this for ages! Think I might give it a go :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it works out for you! :) x

      Delete
  10. sounds like a very nice product. :) I would definitely try it soon. Great post, BTW. :D thanks for sharing.

    Ciena
    Our Sweet Wonderworld

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to the pro-face oils side! Enjoy your stay! :) I'm fully converted to the stuff after Josie Maran Argan Oil - I now have like 4 different ones that I rotate. Crazy times. I'm thinking of trying Trilogy after my Sukin runs out, which won't be for a while. Those bottles take a while to use up! Definitely worth the money :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I can't believe you rotate between four different ones. These oils are definitely value for money. :) x

      Delete
  12. I love the new makeover of your new blog! Btw, Google Reader still works for your blog because that's how I found your new post/update. I've never tried any facial oils before and I think you have a point because my skin feels the same way - dry spots in the winter. Especially last winter for me - I started to notice dry patches and skin tight feeling. I guess I'll give this a go when fall/winter rolls around again for North America haha.

    I also asked my boyfriend to help me get that La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo moisturizer you recommended while he was on vacation to HK. Apparently, North America has a different formula and version of it and it doesn't have the same properties. I can't wait to try it out hahaha :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I changed a few of my settings around and I guess it worked? People following me on GFC weren't getting my updates before. :(

      Definitely give face oils a try, you won't regret it. :) I heard about that, weird how they'd change formulas depending on region. I hope it works for you! :) x

      Delete
  13. S Chambliss, a good friend, recommended me this rosehip oil. I was hesitant at first because I have oily skin. But, after trying it, it was really good. A good change in my skin!

    ReplyDelete